One Book One Community (OBOC) has chosen The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens. Following with the tradition of having the author speak to the community, Mr. Eskens will speak Thursday, April 6, at 7p.m. at Union Avenue United Methodist Church.
This year the committee has added to the programming discussion groups. These will meet in January at Don Pancho’s, February at Papa Gyros and March at Frank’s Family Restaurant and be hosted by members of the OBOC committee.
Upcoming programs and discussion groups are as follows:
- February 22, 11:00-12:00 at Papa Gyro: mini book discussion moderated by Harry Paidas
- March 14, 7:00 at YWCA: Chuck Gross speaking about “Over and Back: Memoirs of Vietnam”
- March 22, 3:00-4:00 at Frank’s Family Restaurant: mini book discussion moderated by Chris Schillig
- April 6, 7:00 at Union Avenue United Methodist Church: Author Allen Eskens speaks to the community. Meet the author reception at 5:45 in the church’s lower level
- April 7, in the morning at Alliance High School and West Branch High School
- April 19, lunchtime lecture at University of Mount Union, the B & B Café in the Campus Center: Kristine Turko, director of the university’s Spectrum Education Center
“The Life We Bury” is available at the University Bookstore at Mount Union and Rodman Public Library for $10. Several copies also will be available for checkout at Rodman Public Library and the Mount Union Library. Ebook versions are also available for downloading from OverDrive and hoopla.