If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Here's a look at future book club selections:
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, are as follows:
- December 21 — Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- January 18 — Sidekicks by Dan Santat
- February 15 — The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
- March 15 — Starring Jules (As Herself) by Beth Ain
- April 19 — The Notebook of Doom: Rise of the Balloon Goons by Troy Cummings
Book Club meetings include a brief discussion about the book, a fun activity, and a snack.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Selections for future meetings include:
- December 20 — Kitty Genovese: The Murder, the Bystanders, the Crime that Changed America by Kevin Cook.
- January 17 — Hell's Princess: The Mystery of Belle Gunness, Butcher of Men by Harold Schechler
- February 21 — Catch the Sparrow: A Search for a Sister and the Truth of Her Murder by Rachel Rear
- March 21 — Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club that meets at 4:00 p.m. on the third Monday of the month in the Main Library conference room.
The following are the selected titles for future meetings:
- December 19 — You've Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
- January 16 — Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- February 20 — Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- March 20 — All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
- April 17 — I Must Betray You by Ruta Sepetys
- May 15 — Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Copies of all books are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through Axis 360, Hoopla (audiobook), or the Ohio Digital Library.
For more information, call 330-821-2665 ext. 217.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club usually meets at 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Future selections include:
- December 12 — The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck
- January 9 — The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- February 13 — The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- March 13 — The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- April 10 — This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- May 8 — Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
- June 12 — The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
NOTE: The December meeting will be held on the third Monday of the month due to the Christmas holiday.
The group has announced the following selections:
- December 19 — A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg
- January 23 — The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan
- February 27 — The Children's Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin
- March 27 — What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- April 24 — Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- May 22 — Fly Girl: A Memoir by Ann Hood
- June 26 — Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.