If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Here's a look at future book club selections:
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, are as follows:
- April 19 — The Notebook of Doom: Rise of the Balloon Goons by Troy Cummings
- May 17 — Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins
- June 21 — Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- July 19 — Quinny & Hopper by Adriana Brad Schanen
- August 16 — The Year of the Book by Andrea Cheng
Book Club meetings include a brief discussion about the book, a fun activity, and a snack.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
Click here for descriptions of the January through April 2023 selections.
Click here for descriptions of the May through August 2023 selections.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Selections for future meetings include:
- April 18 — Murder in the Bayou: Who Killed the Women Known as the Jeff Davis 8? by Ethan Brown
- May 16 — The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper by Hallie Rubenhold
- June 20 — We Carry Their Bones: The Search for Justice at the Dozier School for Boys by Erin Kimmerle.
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
Click here for descriptions of the January-March 2023 selections and a link to register.
Click here for descriptions of the April-June 2023 selections and a link to register.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club usually meets at 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Future selections include:
- April 10 — This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- May 8 — Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
- June 12 — The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
Click here for descriptions of the January through June 2023 selections.
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
NOTE: The December meeting will be held on the third Monday of the month due to the Christmas holiday.
The group has announced the following selections:
- March 27 — What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- April 24 — Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- May 22 — Fly Girl: A Memoir by Ann Hood
- June 26 — Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.
Click here for descriptions of the January-June 2023 selections.
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club is taking a break through the summer.
For information about Teen Book Club, call 330-821-2665, ext. 217.