If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Here's a look at future book club selections:
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, are as follows:
- June 21 — Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- July 19 — Quinny & Hopper by Adriana Brad Schanen
- August 16 — The Year of the Book by Andrea Cheng
Book Club meetings include a brief discussion about the book, a fun activity, and a snack.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
Click here for descriptions of the January through April 2023 selections.
Click here for descriptions of the May through August 2023 selections.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Selections for future meetings include:
- June 20 — We Carry Their Bones: The Search for Justice at the Dozier School for Boys by Erin Kimmerle.
- July 18 — Savage Appetites: Four True Stories of Women, Crime, And Obsession by Rachel Monroe
- August 15 — Little, Crazy Children by James Renner
- September 19 — Wolf Boys: Two American Teenagers and Mexico's Most Dangerous Drug Cartel by Dan Slater
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
Click here for descriptions of the April-June 2023 selections and a link to register.
Click here for descriptions of the July-September 2023 selections and links to place a hold and register for the meeting.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club usually meets at 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Future selections include:
- June 12 — The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- July 10 — The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington by Brad Meltzer
- August 14 — The Mitford Affair by Marie Benedict
- September 11 — The Dispossessed: A Story of Asylum and the U.S.-Mexican Border and Beyond by John Washington
- October 9 — The Maid by Nita Prose
- November 13 — The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder by David Grann
- December 11 — A Dog Named Christmas by Gregory Kincaid
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
Click here for descriptions of the January through June 2023 selections.
Click here for descriptions and a link to place a hold on the July through December 2023 selections
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
NOTE: The December meeting will be held on the third Monday of the month due to the Christmas holiday.
The group has announced the following selections:
- May 22 — Fly Girl: A Memoir by Ann Hood
- June 26 — Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng
- July 24 — James Patterson by James Patterson
- August 28 — Lessons in Chemistry by Ronnie Garmus
- September 25 — Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- October 23 — The Last Bus to Wisdom by Ivan Doig
- November 27 — The Maid by Nita Prose
- December 18 — Visions of Sugar Plumbs by Janet Evanovich
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.
Click here for descriptions of the January-June 2023 selections.
Click here for descriptions and a link to place a hold on the July-December 2023 selections.
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club is taking a break through the summer.
For information about Teen Book Club, call 330-821-2665, ext. 217.