If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Here's a look at future book club selections:
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club, open to patrons ages 12-18, meets every third Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m.
- January 17 — Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- February 21 — One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
Registration is required to attend meetings. Copies are available for check out at the Reference Desk or through the Libby app and Boundless.
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 217.
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, are as follows:
- November 15 — Mr. and Mrs. Bunny - Detectives Extraordinaire! by Polly Horvath
- December 20 — The
WorstBest Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- January 17 — Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard Atwater
- February 21 — Kenny & the Dragon by Tony DiTerlizzzi
Book Club meetings include a brief discussion about the book, a fun activity, and a snack.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
Selections for future meetings include:
- December 19 — My Friend Anna: The True Story of a Fake Heiress by Rachel DeLoache Williams
- January 16 — American Demon: Eliot Ness and the Hunt for America's Jack the Ripper by Daniel Stashower
- February 20 — The Rope: A True Story of Murder, Heroism, and the Dawn of the NAACP by Alex Tresniowski
- March 19 — Scoundrel: How a Convicted Murderer Persuaded the Women Who Loved Him, the Conservative Establishment, and the Courts to Set Him Free by Sarah Weinman
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club usually meets at 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Future selections include:
- December 4 — A Dog Named Christmas by Gregory Kincaid
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
NOTE: The December meeting will be held on the third Monday of the month due to the Christmas holiday.
The group has announced the following selections:
- December 18 — Visions of Sugar Plumbs by Janet Evanovich
- January 22 — Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Kimmerer
- February 26 — American Dirt by Jeanne Cummins
- March 25 — Hang the Moon by Jeanette Walls
- April 22 — Horse by Geraldine Brooks
- May 27 — An Arrow to the Moon by Emily X. R. Pan
- June 24 — Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.