If you like to read, Rodman Library has a book club for you – no matter your age.
Here's a look at future book club selections:
KIDS BOOK CLUB
Selections for the Kids Book Club, which will meet from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month, are as follows:
- June 15 — Pi in the Sky by Wendy Mass
- July 20 — The Terrible Two by Jory John and Mac Barnett
- August 17 — Nathaniel Fludd Beastologist: Flight of the Phoenix by R.L. LaFevers
- September 21 — Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School: We The Children by Andrew Clements
- October 19 — Upside Down Magic by Sarah Mlynowski, Lauren Myracle, and Emily Jenkins
- November 16 — The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm
- December 21 — Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Book Club meetings include a brief discussion about the book, a fun activity, and a snack.
Books are available for extended checkout at the Children’s Department. Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 223.
TRUE CRIME JUNKIES
The True Crime Junkies meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month.
NOTE: June's meeting is being held on the second Tuesday due to a schedule conflict.
Selections for future meetings include:
- June 14 — The Killer across the Table: Unlocking the Secrets of Serial Killers and Predators with the FBI’s Original Mindhunter by John E. Douglas & Mark Olshaker
- July 19 — Black Dahlia, Red Rose: The Crime, Corruption, and Cover-Up of America's Greatest Unsolved Murder by Piu Marie Eatwell.
- August 16 — A Thousand Lives: The Untold Story of Jonestown by Julia Scheeres
- September 20 — H.H. Holmes: The True History of the White City Devil by Adam Selzer
Copies of each book are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
Registration is required for each session at rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or contact the Children’s Department at 330-821-2665 ext. 215.
For more information about the True Crime Junkies, call 330-821-2665, ext. 215.
TEEN BOOK CLUB
The Teen Book Club that meets at 4:00 p.m. on the third Monday of the month in the Main Library conference room.
The following are the selected titles for future meetings:
- June 20 — Where There's a Whisk by Sarah J. Schmitt
- July 18 —Lovely War by Julie Berry
- August 15 — Uglies by Scott Westerfield
- September 19 — One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- October 17 — City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
- November 21 — Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne James
- December 19 — You've Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
Copies of all books are available at the Main Library, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through Axis 360, Hoopla (audiobook), or the Ohio Digital Library.
For more information, call 330-821-2665 ext. 217.
BOOKS AND COFFEE
The Books and Coffee Book Club meets at 6:30 p.m. every second Monday of the month at Rodman Branch Library.
Future selections include:
- June 13 — People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
- July 11 — Travels with George: In Search of Washington and His Legacy by Nathaniel Philbrink
- August 8 — Vanderbilt: The Rise and Fall of an American Dynasty by Anderson Cooper
- September 12 — The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- October 10 — The Woman They Could Not Silence: One Woman, Her Incredible Fight for Freedom, and the Men Who Tried to Make Her Disappear by Kate Moore
- November 14 — Going There by Katie Couric
- December 12 — The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck
Copies of each book are available at the Main and Branch libraries, through the library’s catalog, or digitally through the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
For more information, call 330-821-1313.
EVENING BOOK DISCUSSION GROUP
The Evening Book Discussion Group meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month.
The group has announced its next selections:
- June 27 — Ordinary Grace by William Kent Kruger
- July 25 — The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towels
- August 22 — The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
For more information, call 330-821-2665, ext. 107.