Details on the 2019 sale
The sale takes place during the first week of the Carnation Festival, Saturday through Thursday. Here are the dates and times for 2019:
- SATURDAY August 3: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Friends Members only - memberships available at the door)
- Sunday August 4: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open to the public
- Monday August 5: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday August 6: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday August 7: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Regular prices until 5:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday August 7: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Fill a bag, make a donation.) *NEW THIS YEAR
- Thursday August 8: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Fill a bag, make a donation.) *NEW THIS YEAR
- Hardback: $ .50 each/3 for $1.25
- Children's books: $.25 each
- Paperback: $ .25 each/5 for $1.00
- Magazines: $ .10 each/12 for $1.00
- CDs: $1.00 per disc
- Audiobooks: $.25 per cassette
- VHS Videocassettes: $ .50 each
- DVDs: $1.00 each
The sale will be held at the main library. Items for sale will be on display in the auditorium, Children's program room, front lobby, and gallery. Items for sale include books, paperbacks, computer software, DVDs, videotapes, CDs, audio tapes, books on tape, magazines, and puzzles. A listing of collectible books is also available.
The Library cheerfully accepts book donations for the Book Sale at anytime during the year. Books in poor condition due to water damage, mold, dirt, or missing covers and pages are not accepted. The drop-off is located at the Adult Circulation Desk at the Main Library. Small donations may be made at the Branch.
Funds raised during the book sale are used to buy equipment for the Library and fund special projects.
The Friends organization looks forward to the community's support of the Used Book Sale project.
Thank you for making the sale such a big success. See you at this year's sale.