Get ready for the 2020 “Summer Art Experience” from home! Starting Monday, June 22, children ages 6-13 will be able to view six art lessons via YouTube videos taught by local art instructors. Art supplies for the lessons will be provided free of charge while supplies last, but children are encouraged to participate by using their own supplies as well. To register your child, visit our online calendar, http://rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup, or call 330-821-2665.
“Imagine Your Story” is the theme of Rodman Public Library’s 2020 Adult, Teen, and Children’s Summer Reading Program. The program is now underway and runs through Saturday, August 1. This year, participants will register and track their reading online. All participants, regardless of age, may sign up online at https://rodmanlibrary.beanstack.org/ or by downloading the Beanstack app. For tutorials on how to register, visit our YouTube page.
Rodman Public Library is pleased to announce that Drive-Thru service and telephone reference service are now available at the Main Library. The times for this service are:
- Monday-Wednesday 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Please note: Monday, May 25 CLOSED)
- Thursday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
To use our Drive-Thru service, start by requesting library materials. You may do this by using our online catalog, https://roc.rodmanlibrary.com, or by calling the library at 330-821-2665 with a valid library card. Check our Facebook video for how these services will work.
Are you a teen who loves to read? Join us, as you stay at home, for a virtual Teen Book Club that will meet once a month on Mondays at 4 p.m. The next meeting will take place on June 22. We will be using Google Hangout as our meeting site. To sign up, teens need to email email@example.com with their name, age and Gmail account. Teens must have a Gmail account to participate. An invitation to join the meeting will be sent to the email address the teen has provided. Any teen, age 12-18, can join.
Creative ideas flowing? Join us for an online Teen Writing Club that will meet every two weeks on Wednesdays at 4 p.m., beginning on April 15, then again on April 29. To sign up, teens need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, age and Gmail account. Because we will be meeting via Google Hangout, teens must have a Gmail account to participate.
The physical building of Rodman Library may be closed, but it doesn’t stop the staff from kicking off an online “Reading Challenge” for all ages beginning on Sunday, April 12, and running through Saturday, May 23. Adults, teens and children are eligible to be entered into a Grand Prize Drawing for one $25.00 Amazon gift e-card per age group. Here's how it works.
Stuck inside? Looking for something to do? Why not catch up on some reading? Join us for the Stay Home. Read Together Challenge with categories for the whole family to enjoy.
Rodman Library's Response to COVID-19
Help for Small Businesses
- Ohio Office of Small Business Relief: https://businesshelp.ohio.gov/
- Provides direct support for Ohio's nearly 95,000 small business during this crisis
- Has an FAQ that answers some of the tough questions small business may be encountering
- US Small Business Administration: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Provides funding options from the federal government
- Also provides the set of federal/CDC guidelines for business to follow during this crisis
We have resources to help you with your children's at-home learning. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com
During this time of social distancing, we at Rodman Public Library would like to offer some helpful suggestions for accurate information:
- Coronavirus Tax Relief Info- https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Tax filing deadline has been moved to July 15
- IRS is offering credits to small and medium sized businesses to recoup some loss
- Extended paid leave for child care purposes while schools are closed
- Click on "File/Appeal Benefits"
- How to videos: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/HowToVideos.stm
- Helpful videos that will guide you through the process
- Take approximately 10 minutes to fill out your Census questionnaire - https://my2020census.gov/
- The Census is already happening and you can fill it out online
- ODH Coping with Covid-19 Anxiety- https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/Coping-with-COVID-19-Anxiety/
- Deals with mental health while at home
- CDC update from Ohio Department of Health
Trusted Information Sources
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local and national agencies below.
Ohio Department of Health
The Ohio Department of Health maintains a website with the up-to-date information on the outbreak, current risk to the public, and links to helpful resources.
ODH has also set up a call center to address questions regarding COVID-19. It is open seven days a week from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Centers for Disease Control
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has set up a website with a range of information about the current risk to the public, symptoms to watch for, prevention, testing, and advice for schools, communities and businesses.
Home access extended through the end of May - Ancestry.com Library edition. All you need is a Rodman Library card to access this genealogy website from the comfort of your home.
September marks a milestone for Alliance Vinyl Club.
The monthly program dedicated to spinning the favorite records of those in attendance has been in the groove for three years now at Rodman Public Library.
And the beat is stronger than ever.
Hot Pots Storytime at Rodman Branch Library is back.
Held at both the Branch Library and at Hot Pots, two sessions are planned, including one on Wednesday, September 28 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m, and another on Saturday, October 1 from 11 a.m. to noon.
Do you know your food?
Just like humans, each type of vegetable is unique. Every type of whole-food offers your body different possible health benefits.