Creative ideas flowing? Join us for an online Teen Writing Club that will meet every two weeks on Wednesdays at 4 p.m., beginning on April 15, then again on April 29. To sign up, teens need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, age and Gmail account. Because we will be meeting via Google Hangout, teens must have a Gmail account to participate.
The physical building of Rodman Library may be closed, but it doesn’t stop the staff from kicking off an online “Reading Challenge” for all ages beginning on Sunday, April 12, and running through Saturday, May 23. Adults, teens and children are eligible to be entered into a Grand Prize Drawing for one $25.00 Amazon gift e-card per age group. Here's how it works.
Stuck inside? Looking for something to do? Why not catch up on some reading? Join us for the Stay Home. Read Together Challenge with categories for the whole family to enjoy.
Rodman Library's Response to COVID-19
Help for Small Businesses
- Ohio Office of Small Business Relief: https://businesshelp.ohio.gov/
- Provides direct support for Ohio's nearly 95,000 small business during this crisis
- Has an FAQ that answers some of the tough questions small business may be encountering
- US Small Business Administration: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Provides funding options from the federal government
- Also provides the set of federal/CDC guidelines for business to follow during this crisis
We have resources to help you with your children's at-home learning. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com
During this time of social distancing, we at Rodman Public Library would like to offer some helpful suggestions for accurate information:
- Coronavirus Tax Relief Info- https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Tax filing deadline has been moved to July 15
- IRS is offering credits to small and medium sized businesses to recoup some loss
- Extended paid leave for child care purposes while schools are closed
- Click on "File/Appeal Benefits"
- How to videos: http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/HowToVideos.stm
- Helpful videos that will guide you through the process
- Take approximately 10 minutes to fill out your Census questionnaire - https://my2020census.gov/
- The Census is already happening and you can fill it out online
- ODH Coping with Covid-19 Anxiety- https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/Coping-with-COVID-19-Anxiety/
- Deals with mental health while at home
- CDC update from Ohio Department of Health
Trusted Information Sources
Sharing accurate information from trusted sources is critical to reduce misinformation. Find reliable and current information about the outbreak from local and national agencies below.
Ohio Department of Health
The Ohio Department of Health maintains a website with the up-to-date information on the outbreak, current risk to the public, and links to helpful resources.
ODH has also set up a call center to address questions regarding COVID-19. It is open seven days a week from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. and can be reached at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634).
Centers for Disease Control
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has set up a website with a range of information about the current risk to the public, symptoms to watch for, prevention, testing, and advice for schools, communities and businesses.
Home access extended through the end of May - Ancestry.com Library edition. All you need is a Rodman Library card to access this genealogy website from the comfort of your home.
Rodman Public Library, as well as the Branch and Bookmobile, is closed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Rodman Library is once again partnering with StarkFresh to bring a “Seed Library” to our community. Beginning on Monday, March 2, vegetable and flower seeds will be displayed in the Library’s wooden card catalog located in the Library’s front lobby. Patrons may browse through the catalog and take the free seed packets of items they are interested in growing.
The Friends of Rodman Library is starting, in February, a collection of coupons for Support Our Troops® Troopons® to send to our military. This program enhances the well-being of overseas and domestic military families by sending them food, non-food, baby and pet manufacturer coupons to make their dollars go further. Most coupons will go over overseas to military bases while some will remain in the United States.
All VITA Tax Clinics are canceled until Further notice.
In September 1921, a young, prominent Alliance doctor was called out in the middle of the night under the pretense of delivering a baby, but it was all a set up.
Teens, ages 12-18, are invited to participate in an escape room inside the Main Auditorium at Rodman Public Library at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 19. The escape room will have a "Five Nights at Freddy's" theme and teens will be tasked with solving a number of puzzles to escape the pizzeria and the haunted animatronics. Registration is required on our online calendar by visiting rodmanlibrary.evanced.info/signup or by calling 330-821-2665, ext. 217.